What if I believe that my Property Assessment is Incorrect?

What if I believe that my Property Assessment is Incorrect?

Dear friends and valued clients;

By now, most of you have received your Propery Assessments for 2019.  Many of your assessed values are incorrect as the data was compiled back in July 2018.  The real estate market has shifted and many of the assessed values are  over inflated.  

If you feel that your assessed value may be incorrect, you have options.  

-  Firstly, contact me for updated value of your home.  I'd be happy to propvide this at no cost or obligation to you.  

-  Secondly, contact the BC Assessment Office at 1-866-825-8322 or 604-739-8588 to discuss your Assessment. 

-  If you still feel that your Assessment is incorrect, you may file for a Notice of Complaint (appeal) for a formal hearing with an Independent Property Assessment Review Panel. The Notice of Complaint Form (appeal) can be found online at   A complaint (appeal) must be filed online, by mail, or delivered in person to your local BC Assessment Office.  

Hearings are heard between February 1st to March 15th, 2019.  A notice of hearing will be sent to you approximately 5 days prior to your hearing. 

Again, please note that the Deadline for Filing a Complaint (Appeal) is JANUARY 31, 2019.  


No comments

Post Your Comment:

Your email will not be published
Reciprocity Logo The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Greater Vancouver REALTORS® (GVR), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB.